Somehow I cant resist from talking about what I would like to herald as THE NEXT WAVE OF MANAGEMENT, Web 2.0 or however you would want to define it would change HR and the way HR contributes to the organization. In this article i would look upon some paradigm changes and what they would mean for HR.
1. Communities development - Its no more going to help if you worry about employees, its going to be about communities spread across organization.Community Development would be the order of the day.
2. Recruiting through networks - Recruitment would not happen the traditional way, recruiters would use social networks more and more to quick hire top talent.
3. Performance Management - Change onto a more ongoing , regular form of appraisals. Appraisal would not be an annual exercise only. Also it would be real time collaborative assessment as compared to a linear exercise.
4. Knowledge Management - One function that would really become important and transform a lot from its current form. Managing information and communities would get integrated into the KM function.
5. Compensation Management - With real time information being available on compensation, expect analysis to be precise and therefore more realistic benchmarking on compensation.
Thats not all, this all is happening at a time when the Generation Y of employees is getting ready to explode in workplace. So challenge would be on how to balance a new found Ecosystem with the aspirations and ambitions of a transformed workplace. Exciting times indeed and we would all see it in the times to come !!!
Subscribe to my Blog Feed
- ► 2009 (15)
- ▼ May 2008 (11)